2) Personal Information collected
COI is an executive search firm, and for these purposes we collect a variety of personal data necessary to provide such services in a secure and highly confidential database accessible only by COI. COI treats all Personal Data in a manner consistent with the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation and local legislation of the territories where the data is processed.
It is important to differentiate between the non-sensitive data required for recruitment purposes which are collected by this website and the sensitive data which are not required or requested additionally, unless legally required to do so at a later stage of the search and recruitment process. Data that is deemed non-sensitive, which is collected via our website, includes personally identifiable information such as: professional experience, career history, education history, resume/CV and contact information. By choosing to enter your personal information on www.coiexecutives.com, you indicate your acceptance and willingness to disclose this information to COI and to be considered, when appropriate, for one of COIs’ confidential executive search mandates.
If you choose not to disclose personal information via our website, then COI will be unable to provide you the services offered by this website or consider your relevance for our executive search process for placement in one of our confidential executive search placements, since employment, educational and other personal information is necessary to assess your employment opportunities. Should you wish to remain an active candidate but do not submit your personal information via our website, www.coiexecutives.com, then you are recommended to contact someone within a local COI office by email with your information. Email addresses to local offices can be found on www.coiexecutives.com.
3) Use and disclosure of personal information
In most standard situations, we provide personal information regarding candidates to prospective employers/our clients or reference sources only if the candidate has authorized us to do so. However, on rare occasions we are engaged to conduct highly confidential searches for senior executives and on those rare occasions, prospective candidates’ personal information may be provided to the client without the candidate’s prior request or knowledge.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of various ways in which we may use and/or disclose supplied sensitive and/or non-sensitive personal data that was transmitted to COI executive search via our website www.coiexecutives.com:
– COI may use personal data collected regarding potential candidates to identify professional opportunities that we deem relevant and of interest for the candidate and the perspective employer/our client. We then provide this personal information to the prospective employer/our client as per agreed search requirements. We reserve the right to contact potential candidates regarding such opportunities.
– The information obtained by COI regarding our clients, including business contact information is kept and used as part of the provision of our executive search and consultancy services.
– Other situations that could involve use of personal information could include, but is not limited to: updating of data; responding to inquiries; other communications; modification, improvement, refinement and validation of intellectual property and technology; accounts and records; responding to complaints and other inquiries; personal data can also be used for proposals, engagement letters, presentations, research surveys, white papers, advertising, marketing and public relations.
COI and all its wholly owned offices can use personal data submitted to us for the purposes stated above but are not limited to the purposes stated above. COI remains responsible for how the personal information will be used. If you would prefer not to have your personal information used by COI, please inform us by contacting us as indicated below and we will remove or suppress your personal information in our database.
In some standard situations, COI reserves the right to work with third parties who provide services that may include, but are not necessarily limited to, assessment services, including assessment validation services; website hosting and IT consulting services; data analysis; resume verification; background checking; payroll services; public relations services; attorneys, accountants, and other administrative and back-office and security services. As part of providing those services, such third parties will be, in capacity of the data processors, provided with access to personal information only when deemed necessary to carry out standard business practices for the services of COI. In addition, we reserve the right that our software development partners may have access to, or use, personal information for purposes of modifying, improving, refining and validating their technology, and research and development.
COI reserves the right to disclose or transfer, all personal information that we collect from visitors, or that we otherwise collect relating to the provision of our services, to a third party relating to a strategic alliance with such third party, or in the event of a sale of our company, a merger or consolidation involving COI or one of its offices, or a sale or transfer of assets or of any portion of our business or the business of one or more of our offices.
Personal information collected by COI is used only for the intended purposes stated at the time of collection. COI does not sell or share your personal information for unrelated purposes to third parties, unless otherwise stated at the time of collection or required by law. If at any time we decide to use personal data in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you and give you a choice as to if we use your information in this different manner. No notification and choice will be sought, however, if COI is compelled or required by applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance or court order to disclose personal data.
4) Information security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy of data and ensure proper use of
information, www.coiexecutives.com has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures to safeguard all information collected online. All sections of the website in which personal information is submitted or exchanged employ industry standard SSL encryption.
The provision of personal information by you is entirely voluntary and you have the right not to provide personal information. If you need further assistance accessing, updating, correcting or removing your personal information, or if you no longer desire our services, please e-mail COI at: email@example.com
5) Link to other Internet sites, cookies and data tracking
Please be aware that certain sections of the COI website do contain cookies. Cookies are packets of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive. At www.coiexecutives.com, cookies allow us to keep track of the areas of the website you visit and thereby offer you easy access to the information you find most relevant. No secure information or information about your personal identity is ever contained within our cookies.
COI monitors visitor traffic patterns throughout the website by logging Tracking Data, which is collected automatically from each website visitor. Tracking Data may include personal information such as the IP address of the visitor’s computer, its browser type and operating system, the referring site, which pages of the website were visited, the order in which they were visited and which hyperlinks were “clicked.”
COI uses Tracking Data in aggregate form to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the website.
The COI website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
The data collected by Google for its subsequent analysis includes:
- Technical data regarding your device (model, operating system, specific device identifiers, and mobile network information, including any phone number associated to the device, etc.);
- Logging on data (search enquiries, phone numbers used to make, receive & forward calls, time, date, length & type of calls, etc.);
- Internet protocol address;
- Device activity (settings, browser types, languages, system operations, dates & times of URL request & referral;
- Cookies specifically linked to your browsers or accounts;
- Location (IP address, GPS, Wi-Fi access points and cellular towers);
- Application installation data (installing & uninstalling certain services);
- Localized device storage (browsing history, caches, etc.);
- Cross-website cookies or anonymous identifiers (Google features or ads appearing on other sites).
Date of last revision: May 25, 2018
If you have any questions about your personal information, please e-mail COI at firstname.lastname@example.org